I'll Never Write a Novel

The Memoir of a Personal Essayist OR Confessions of a Theatre Widow

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

2 X 2

I just got back from a walk around my neighborhood. I live in a truly beautiful place. It was a perfect day and I came back feeling like a million bucks (side note: this is TR's current favorite phrase).

This walk has prompted some wild, endorphin-induced commitment to walking two miles every day for the next two weeks, 2 X 2. I told my husband about this. He said, "I'm going to hold you to it." Then, I saw the Pioneer Woman's post about giving away a free FitBit and made my comment in giveaway post (fingers crossed) with the same proclamation.

This might be an task since I don't usually even take five minutes to do my make-up on a regular basis. I am not out of shape. This is something I can accomplish if I make the time for it. Make. the. Time.

So, now I am here with another claim that I will do this. Yikes. But, I have to do this. I will never run a marathon, or a half-marathon, or anything of the sort. I have bad knees, mild asthma, fibromyalgia, and, quite honestly, a general aversion to running. But, I like to walk. And I can do it. And I live in a beautiful place. Walking makes me feel good. So, it would be awesome if I actually followed through on this.

See you around the neighborhood.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home