I'll Never Write a Novel

The Memoir of a Personal Essayist OR Confessions of a Theatre Widow

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Living the Dream

When I was in junior high I wrote a short story in which I won the Pulitzer Prize. I can't remember all the details of the story, but it had to involve science, as I recall. It was for Mr. Williams' science class so, hmm, not sure how all that goes together. And I think there was a beach involved.

And, yesterday, I think I found myself remembering that story as I came as close as I think I ever will to the Pulitzer announcement directly effecting me. The Dad Guy's show won the 2010 Pulitzer Prize for Drama. Only seven other musicals have ever received the honor (can you say, "South Pacific," "A Chorus Line," "Sunday in the Park With George"!?). My mind is blown at the amazing fortune and blessing it has been to have our family involved in such a beautiful, important, moving, and good piece of theatre. And, now I am a little linked to that Pulitzer Prize I have dreamt about. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

By the way, I am not sure what my hubby thinks he'll do after this. How do you top this? In G's parlance, "Oh, that's what I am talking about... I'm talking about getting a Tony award!" Goal set.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

Congratulations! That's soooo cool!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home